Saturday, June 4, 2011

I'M ENGAGED!!!

Guess what else happened in May?!?!?

Drew proposed!!!  

I have been waiting on this day for a while now and it finally happened!  I couldn't believe it!  Drew and I will be together for 6 years on September 22, 2011.  Needless to say, it was time!  :)


Two years ago I gave him a deadline of June 15, 2011.  Believe it or not, he met the deadline!

Everyone has been asking how he proposed. So, here it is!

For 3 weeks I have been telling Drew, his mom, and his sister that Drew does not have to get me anything for graduation.  I told them that I didn't want anything except a ring.  I wasn't trying to be a brat about it.  I just meant for him not to spend his money on something else.  I wanted him to save it for MY RING!  Well.....little did I know they were scheming the proposal the whole time.

He proposed to me the day before my college graduation.  I was already excited about graduating from college but the proposal just topped off the weekend!  It was definitely a time of my life that I will never forget!

I had already decided that if I didn't get a ring I was moving out...true story!  Drew gave me a box that was wrapped in purple and pink wrapping paper and had a pink bow on top.  He told me to open my graduation present.  I said, "No, I'll wait!"  He said, "No, go ahead and open it."  So I did.  I think he was so nervous he just wanted me to go ahead and open it!  I was already mad before I opened it because I thought it was a box of Philosophy lotion.  By the texture and size of the box I knew it wasn't a ring.  I had already told him, his mom, and Dia that I didn't want anything unless it was a ring.  I knew the box was too big and heavy to have a ring in it.

I opened the box and it was a book!  A friend of ours made a picture book with pictures of us from the past 6 years.  It was so sweet!




I turned to the last page and it was a picture of Drew and I and it said, "Ashley, Will You Marry Me?"  I was shocked!  I was shaking and didn't know what to say.  I have dreamed about this moment for years and I always thought I would know my reaction.  It didn't really happen the way I had planned.  I was speechless.  The only thing I could get out of my mouth was, "Are you serious? Are you serious?"




Of course, I said yes!  I have been waiting on this day for a while.  Drew and I went to a local jewelry store and I was able to pick out my own ring.  "Wow! This is every girl's dream to pick out their own wedding ring," I thought.



It was definitely a time I will never forget.  I was so excited to be able to share our engagement with my friends and family in Arkansas.

We were given our FIRST engagement present from my, best friend, Megan.  I was so excited!  Thanks Megan!


I'm so excited to marry my best friend and love of my life.  I've known since 2005, he would be my husband one day.  He we are....almost 6 years later....about to embark on that very journey.  I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. yep I just teared up.... :) I love y'all and I am so happy for y'all..... I can't wait to see what the future holds for my favorite white people in the world! :) Love love yall

    beautiful rock, btw ;) Glad my pic made the blog hehe

    ReplyDelete

The Sister-in-Laws

The Sister-in-Laws
Dia and Ashley