Thursday, July 14, 2011

Pepperoni Squares

Here is another recipe that I cooked on TV in June.
Like I said before I am running very behind on my blogging... Busy Summer 
But this is another recipe that is really easy and the kids love!

Studio 4 asked me to do a few of my cooking segments at the Wonderland theme park
Wonderland Theme park is an amusement park in Amarillo Texas. 
And Yes it was HOT!
In the middle of the summer heat during the worst drought since the 1930's! 
I know this is so us... we leave the wettest year Arkansas has in years and move to a drought! 
But the Lord will provide and thank God we have plenty of water and irrigation to make that corn grow!
OK, back to Wonderland...
It was like the 1st week of June and I thought the kids might enjoy doing a cooking segment at a amusement park.  So, I loaded up all the girls and my recipe and we went live on Ch. 4!
The girls did great!  They liked to have roasted in the heat, but they did great!




 Ok, here is what you need.... 
2 cups of flour, 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, 12 ounces Cheddar Cheese
1 1/2 cups milk, 1 packaged sliced pepperoni, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese


Mix flour, eggs, salt, oregano, cheddar cheese, and milk


Whisk it all together!
My girls describe these as cheese bread sticks with Pepperoni in them!


So, now I throw, literally, pepperonis in.  
I  like the diced ones because they cut better than the regular sized ones.


Now I pour it into a well GREASED 9 x13 baking pan.  


Then I sprinkle it with the Parmesan cheese
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes 
Let them cool and cut into squares.



I serve these with pizza sauce.
Really great summer or after school snacks! 


This recipe came from a wonderful Junior League cook book!
Junior League of Pine Bluff  Arkansas has 2 great cook books.  
One is called "Southern Accent A second Helping" and the 2nd one is "Southern Accent'.  
Both can be found online!

Here is the link to the girls and I cooking on Studio 4!








No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sister-in-Laws

The Sister-in-Laws
Dia and Ashley