Saturday, April 2, 2011

Brownie Trifle

Some of you may already know this recipe.  It's super easy and so delicious!  I have been wanting this for a week now, but I would not let myself make it because I know what will happen....I WILL EAT IT ALL BY MYSELF!  But anyways, it's Saturday and I'm spending my day studying.  To keep me occupied from studying, I decided that I HAD to make the brownie trifle.  

This dessert is great for dinner parties, potluck, birthdays, or just a Saturday night dessert/midnight snack! ;)  
It's pretty and simple all at the same time. 

Here are the ingredients:  1 box of brownie mix (I prefer Chocolate chunk), 1 bag of milk chocolate toffee bits, 1 box instant chocolate pudding mix, 1-16 oz. cool whip

                          Follow the recipe on the back of the brownie box and cook accordingly. 

I cooked my brownies in an 8x8 glass pan, but it is up to you how you want to cook them.  The thickness of the brownies does not matter because they will be torn apart to make the trifle.  

While your brownies are cooking in the oven, mix up your instant chocolate pudding mix according to the directions.  It requires 2 cups of cold milk, whisk for 2 minutes, and then refrigerate to allow to set.  

Easy enough, huh?!?!?  


Once the brownies are done, allow them to cool.   Get out a trifle bowl or any other serving piece you would like to use. 

1st step: Tear brownies apart and create the first layer on the bottom of the trifle. 

2nd step: Spread the chocolate pudding on top of the brownies.  You want to use good judgement when spreading the pudding because one box is just enough for this recipe. Some people may even want to use two boxes of pudding mix if they like extra pudding or want thicker layers. 



3rd Step: Sprinkle the milk chocolate toffee bits on top of the chocolate pudding.  You want it to cover the pudding.  

4th Step: This is the last step.  You spread a generous amount of cool whip on top of the toffee bits.  


REPEAT!

Now, you are going to repeat everything you just did 2 more times. So, next would be the brownies (Step 1).   


When you have finished all of the layers, top it off with the cool whip and add some more toffee bits.  


Here is the trifle all completed.  


When it is finished, cover and put in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. 

I hope you and your family enjoy this simple, delicious dessert as much as we do! 

Try it tonight!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sister-in-Laws

The Sister-in-Laws
Dia and Ashley