Monday, April 18, 2011

Slap yo Mama! Mac n' Cheese

Ok, I usually don't brag about my food but I have to say that my macaroni and cheese recipe is the best I've ever had.  I thought Pioneer Woman's was the best, but it has a lot of steps.  If you need Mac N' Cheese in a hurry use this recipe.  It's fast, simple, and super cheesy!  

We are cheese folks!  WE LOVE SOME CHEESE!  So, if you're like us, this Mac N' Cheese is for you!  

Ingredients:  
1 pint whipping cream
8 oz. block of cheddar cheese ( or any other cheese you prefer)
1/2 stick of butter
1 - 1 1/2 cups of bag shredded cheese
1/2 lb of macaroni noodles 
salt and pepper to taste

NOTE: I don't ever use a whole pound of noodles because we can never eat them between the two of us.  So, if you are making for more than 4-5 people I would suggest using the whole bag of noodles and alter the recipe to fit the whole bag.  



Shredding your own cheese is so much better than getting it out of the bag.  Pioneer Woman swears by it and I have to believe her!  It makes everything so cheesy! So, get your arm muscles ready and shred a half pound of cheese.  

Boil your noodles until "al dente."  


Then, drain them in a colander.  


Pour your noodles back in your original pot while they are still hot.  Make sure to take the pot off of the stove.  Cut up the butter into several pieces, and stir until the butter is nearly melted and all of the noodles are shining with butter.  




Now, add in that HAND shredded cheese.  It's the best part!  Stir until melted.  








Add some of your whipping cream into the noodles and give it a stir.  





It's just not cheesy enough so we must put in about two handfuls of the BAG shredded cheese.  Again, you can use any cheese you want.  I usually try to stick with cheddar and monterey jack cheeses.  


Add some the rest of the whipping cream ands stir until all of the cheese is melted.  You may need to add some regular milk to your macaroni and cheese if it starts to get dry.  

Doesn't this look yummy!!!!


Add salt...


And pepper to taste. 


I had my sister taking pictures of me making this while she was here for spring break.  When she tasted the macaroni and cheese she said, "This will make you wanna slap yo mama!"  Hence, that is where the name came from!  


While I was inside "slapping my mama" over the Mac N' Cheese, Drew was outside grilling pork chops!  We had such a wonderful supper that night with my mom and sister.  It was perfect!  


2 comments:

  1. For some reason this just showed up on my fb page! I just happen to have pork chops thawed out...I just happen to have ALL of the necessary ingredients for the mac & cheese...and I just happen to feel like slappin my momma...so guess what's for dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! You crack me up Shannon! I hope you liked the Mac n' Cheese!

    ReplyDelete

The Sister-in-Laws

The Sister-in-Laws
Dia and Ashley