Saturday, April 23, 2011

Key Lime Cake


Key Lime Cake


Yesterday I went on Studio 4 TV and cooked a Key Lime Cake just in time for Easter!
This cake is so moist and taste just like a Key Lime Pie but even better!
This is one of those cakes that is just as pretty to serve as it is to taste!
Hope you enjoy it!
  
All the dry ingredients 

 1 3ounce package of lime-flavored gelatin
1 1/3 cup sugar
2 cups sifted flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda

Stir all these together 


Mix in............  
5 slightly beaten eggs 


1 1/2 cups Vegetable Oil


1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
and I left off a pic of 3/4 cups Orange Juice
But you know what Orange Juice looks like!  (remember I have 3 kids)

Mix all in and this mixture should be turning GREEN! 


 Now pour this mixture into 3 9inch greased pans and bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
For the greased part I use Bakers Joy it works great on cakes

Now here comes the part that makes these cakes really MOIST!
Squeeze the juice from 20 to 25 Key Limes.  You want 1 cup of lime juice.


This is my Kitchen after squeezing  all of those limes.  
What you can't see is a 4yr old to my left begging to help and a 10 month of in the high chair across from me screaming for something to eat! 
And now this huge mess!!!!


Now mix together with a fork the lime juice with 1 cup confectioners' sugar.
Remove the hot cakes from the oven, put on a wire rack to cool and drizzle this lime mixture over the top while it is still HOT! The confectioners' sugar will melt down on this hot cake.
Then let it cool and icing the cake.

For the icing (which again there is no pics)
2 sticks room temperature butter
2 8oz packages cream cheese room temperature 
1 16 oz Box of confectioner's sugar
Cream all of these items together and spread on the cake!

Perfect!
Hope you all enjoy this wonderful cake and I hope you all have a glorious EASTER!  I know we will my oldest is getting Baptized and we couldn't ask for a more special and proud day.  

Here is the link to me cooking on Studio 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sister-in-Laws

The Sister-in-Laws
Dia and Ashley