Saturday, February 26, 2011

Hobos from the Heart


So, as you all have heard..... Mr. Biggs says I never cook.  But it is funny he didn't get as big as he is from no where!  I try to find stuff easy, fast, healthy, and something my girls will like.  Last week I had hamburger meat and couldn't think of anything different to cook with it until I remember my Mama's Hobos! My mama used to make these when she would haul food to the field for my Dad and the workers because it was easy to deliver.  


Start off with hamburger meat, potatoes, carrots, onion
I use ground round meat because I like the leanness of it, but you can use whatever! I bought baby carrots because they are small and easy! 


All you need is tin foil, Lawry's season-all salt, salt, and pepper
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees 


Make out you Hamburger meat into patties.  Make these a little bit larger than your normal hamburger patties. Season with salt, pepper, and Lawry's


Wash and cut up your potatoes and onion.  Size or shape doesn't matter



 Take a large piece of tin foil and in the middle place a hamburger patty and top with carrots, onions, and potatoes.  Be generous on your additions.  


 Now wrap the sides of the tin foil up and roll the top down.  This way all the ingredients will cook together inside the tin foil.


Place each wrap on a baking tray and place them in the oven at 400 degrees.
Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.  Depending on your oven.  


The Best Part!!!  When you open it up and all that steam and aroma comes out!
Yum, Yum!


Now you hand out plates and throw one wrapped tin foil on each plate!  That way if you  have girls like my they can't fight over which hobo they get... they are all just a like.  Serve with Ketchup and you are ready to go.  Now do you see where the name Hobo comes from?????

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sister-in-Laws

The Sister-in-Laws
Dia and Ashley