Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Mr. Biggs

Here is Mr. Biggs aka.... Ric.
Ric and I go way back when.
Starting from a tree house meeting at the age of 13, yes I said 13 years
 old to now( and I am not telling you how old I am at least not today!)!
Ric and I can argue for hours over how many years we have been together.   He says that he didn't start dating me when I was 13 years old, but I and my mama know different.  He says that I make him feel like a "cradle rocker" and that was not how it was.  But we do agree on one thing, I was in 9th grade and he was in 12th grade and we started dating.  We dated all through High School and married 2 years after I graduated.  So, like I said Ric and I go way back!!!

Ric's first love is farming! No, let me take that back... it is me and our girls.  His second love is farming.  No matter how dry it is, how wet it is, or how bad of a crop yield we make( for all you non-farmer wives I will explain this one next time) he still loves it.  Farming is in his blood.  His father is a farmer, his grandfathers were farmers and so on.  Ric works 24/7 and still loves it.  I believe I would just give up, but I guess all that love keeps him a going???
Ric has farmed in more different states than some people have visited.  Starting out in Georgia where we were both born and raised Ric farmed with his daddy.  He grew sweet corn, cotton, watermelons, squash, cantaloupes, and peanuts. Yes that is a lot and the last one is my favorite.  Anytime I smell peanuts being picked it takes me back to my childhood in GA and picking peanuts with my Daddy and Granddaddy (that is whole other blog)!
Then when we moved to Arkansas, Ric farmed cotton!  We farmed a lot of cotton! And now we are in Texas  and he is farming field corn, wheat, and cattle (which you will see a whole lot more of)!
 So, I think you would call Ric a versatile farmer???



I told y'all he was a big guy and he has been fed at home (home grown man)! 
But my daddy always said that I married a big teddy bear to back up my smart mouth!
I don't believe this to be true.



Ric is a wonderful man, husband, farmer, and daddy. 
Again, here is his first love....... His Family full of girls! 

1 comment:

  1. What a success story and beautiful family. I am so proud to call you neice and a loving person. Love you all .Erlene

    ReplyDelete

The Sister-in-Laws

The Sister-in-Laws
Dia and Ashley