Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Regis and Kelly's Run Across America with Dean Karnazes in DALHART, TX!

Can you believe it??!?!  Someone famous in Dalhart!  


I got a phone call from two of my friends who saw the Regis and Kelly busses pull into the Holiday Inn.  They even saw Dean Karnazes walk into the hotel.  Shelby and I jump into the car and take my camera.  This was soooo blog material.  Plus, I had to share it with my fellow bloggers.  



Dean Karnazes was in Dalhart Tuesday night.  To my disappointment, Regis and Kelly WERE NOT there with him, but they were there in spirit for Dean.  There faces were ALL over the busses.


There are my two "crazed" Regis and Kelly fans.  It's the closest they could get to the real thing!



Shelby and I at the Regis and Kelly busses.  I wish Kelly would have been there!  




Ok, so for those of you that don't watch Regis and Kelly, Dean Karnazes is known as the "Ultramarathon Man."  He is running across the United States and Regis and Kelly are following him on their live talk show.  He started out in California and is finishing in New York; he will be running 40-50 miles per day. He has two RVs, two Tahoes, and one truck following him.  The busses are fully stocked with food, water, clothes, and such.  

To learn more about Dean Karnazes go to
 http://www.dadt.com/live/special/runacrossamerica/index.html






I don't know about y'all, but it makes me tired just thinking about running that far!  He is one strong and motivated man.  




While we were there they were taking out the trash from the busses.  Regis and Kelly showed Dean's refrigerator on their show Tuesday morning, and this is the kind of water he drinks all day.   One of the bottles fell out of the trash bags.  


We looked like the paparazzi outside of his busses.  




 You can tell we live in a small town because news spreads like wildfire.  

For all you Panhandle natives, Dean, Regis, and Kelly will be going through Stratford, TX; Goodwell, Guymon, and Hooker, OK; Liberal, KS; and then onto Wichita, KS.  

Check them him out on Regis and Kelly Wednesday morning.  Also, word on the street is that they ate at Bar H Tuesday night!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sister-in-Laws

The Sister-in-Laws
Dia and Ashley