Sunday, March 6, 2011

The secret Cake


Here is my beautiful sister-n-law!
For my early Birthday Celebration, Aunt Hashie (aka Ashley) made me my favorite cake ever.
Hashie makes the cake which recipe is her Grandma's and she won't reveal it.  But that is fine as long as she makes this delicious masterpiece for me anytime I want it!
Banana Cake  


 Yes, you see 4 cakes.  Ash made me 4 banana cakes for my birthday.  We had a large crowd coming, but these things seem to disappear very quickly.  Like that first one on the end.  I had a piece the minute she walked in the door!  I think that is more like a hunk than a piece???




I have described this cake as a stack of pancakes with sugar water syrup that drizzles off the sides.  Its presentation is not very appealing but after the first bite it speaks for itself.  The cake layers soak up the "sugar water" and then it sprinkles down to the bananas then on the cake plate.  That is the part you scrape off with your fingers and lick them up!
Yum Yum!!!


This is what happens after I lick the pan.  Ok, maybe I had some help!
But it is so gooooooood!

2 comments:

The Sister-in-Laws

The Sister-in-Laws
Dia and Ashley