Sunday, March 27, 2011

The simple things in life....a dishwasher!

My dishwasher decided to quit working this past Tuesday.  Luckily for me, my sister and mom were visiting and able to help me keep the dishes all clean and dry.  But since they left on Friday I have had piles of dishes in the sink.  Dishes in the sink are one of my pet peeves.  I NEVER leave dishes in the sink overnight.  I am constantly making sure that the dishwasher is empty to put new dishes in.  I have a system.




Well, this week.....my system has been broken and I have had to learn how to deal with it.



As I was washing one of my mound of dishes today, I realized how much we rely on technology.  Our kitchen is continuously ran by technology.  I take it for granted how lucky I am to even have a working dishwasher in my home.  Better yet, how fortunate I am to have a warm home and running water.  While thinking about this I thought, "Hey, I can put this on the blog."  That thought comes across my mind about 20 times a week these days.



I know this doesn't look like a lot right now but I just hate ONE dish in the sink.  This is driving me nuts about now.  I never knew how much I rely on that thing until I don't have one!


The worst part about it is that we have been using Solo cups and paper plates for almost a week.  Now, I'm out and had to start using the "real stuff."



Sunday is my favorite day of the week to cook.  Mostly because the Rhinestone Cowboy is home and we can enjoy a meal together before the sun goes down.  During the week I usually eat without him because it is too late and I am usually STARVING!  So, of course even though I haven't had a dishwasher in almost a week I still cooked supper tonight.  It was easy but it still took dishes!




To add to the dishwasher, our heater kicked on during the day and our house was 98 degrees on the inside.  It was burning hot!  After it started properly working, I realized, once again, how blessed I am to even have a heater that works.

Thankfully, the dishwasher repairman will be coming tomorrow to fix it.

Just some "food for thought" this week.  My goal for this week is to not take anything for granted.  I will thank God daily for his many blessings.

Even if it does mean a sink full of dishes!  :)

"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace."        
                                                                                                                 Numbers 6:24-26

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sister-in-Laws

The Sister-in-Laws
Dia and Ashley